Monday, November 12, 2012

First post on 'Blogger'...

It's been a while since I've last blogged, and it was on another blog site (Typepad) and it was ridiculously expensive (considering Blogger is FREE!), so it was a no-brainer to move over here. I'm not a very consistent blogger, and to have to pay for the site to be "inactive" bothered me, and the fact that so many of the blogs that I read use Blogger, I thought I'd give it a try.

I have some small and medium cross-stitching finishes I want to share with you. I've posted them on a Facebook site I administer, but for those of you who don't want to get involved with FB, I'm posting them here. So with no further ado....

Small Token by Blackbird Designs
FABRIC: 36 ct scrap linen
FABRIC COLOR: Vintage Sand Dune
FLOSSES: Crescent Colors [per chart]
STITCHED: 2  over 2
STITCH COUNT: 49w x 69h
FINISHED SIZE: 2-7/8"w x 3-3/4"h
COMPLETED: 22 June 2012 over North Atlantic Ocean on flight home from Abu Dhabi, UAE


The coin (US quarter) is for size relativity
I'll eventually finish it into an ornament, and will post again when finished.
*********************************************************************************************************
Summer Stars Pincushion by Blackbird Designs
 (from "A Stitcher's Journey" booklet)
FABRIC: 32 ct scrap linen
COLOR: Flax Fields
FLOSSES: Crescent Colors & Gentle Arts [per chart on pg 33 of booklet]
               Wisconsin Woods, Onion Skin, Cappuccino, Grasshopper, Raspberry Frost
STITCHED: 2 over 2
STITCH COUNT: 19w x 107h
FINISHED SIZE: 2-3/8"w x 7-3/4"h (where the pins are)
COMPLETED: Summer 2012

I'll eventually finish it into an ornament; you can see some of the ribbons I'll eventually use
*********************************************************************************************************

Wild Lilies by Blackbird Designs
FABRIC: 36 ct scrap linen
FABRIC COLOR: Vintage Sand Dune
FLOSSES: Crescent Colors & Gentle Arts [per chart]
STITCHED: 2 over 2
STITCH COUNT: 69w x 85h
FINISHED SIZE: 4"w x 4.5"h
STARTED: 22 June 2012 over North Atlantic Ocean on flight home from Abu Dhabi, UAE
FINISHED: 07 July 2012

I didn't like the 'initials' that came with the design (for the upper right corner) so I substituted one that was too big for the area and stitched it 1 over 1.

I'll eventually finish it into an ornament.

*********************************************************************************************************
Hoping you enjoyed the show and tell... I have a few more "smalls" that I've finished, and a "medium-sized" project too, so stay tuned!


Thankful for my stitching, the joy it brings me, and
how quickly it makes time fly when stuck on a 13-hr flight!


No comments:

Post a Comment