Tuesday, November 13, 2012

the ABCs of Autumn...

As promised, here is another project that I've finished called "Autumn Alphabet" by Lizzie Kate. And I've already started it's sister design called "Winter Alphabet." (only showing the Autumn design here)

Thanks to Coni over at Spinster Stitcher, I saw her finished design and LOVED the colors, so I got hooked on these charts. They're so colorful, and seeing her photos showed the colors even better than the colors on the design booklet, and that was the deciding factor for me. It was a very easy stitch and was a good traveling project throughout the summer so it took a while, but again, was very easy.

I loved all the colors in this chart and all the little infusions of "Autumn" into the design by the artist, hence the abundance of photos to show all the detail. It was so much fun to stitch! Enjoy!

 

Autumn Alphabet by Lizzie Kate
(The US dollar is for size relativity only) 

FABRIC: 32 ct Belfast linen
FABRIC COLOR: Antique Ivory
FLOSSES: Weeks Dye Works, Crescent Colors & DMC [per chart]
STITCHED: 2 over 2
STITCH COUNT: 111w x 159h
FINISHED SIZE: 7"w x 10.25"h
STARTED: 05 May 2012
FINISHED: 31 Oct 2012

Charms: included with chart


 Squirrel (charm) with oak leaf and acorn; falling leaves and rake


 Schoolbooks with an apple, and a big pumpkin treat holder!


 Loved the color of the "S" with the rust color surrounding it



For some reason, every time I see the house, I think of an outhouse instead. Still cracks me up when I look at it! I should've stitched a crescent moon instead of the window!!







Hootie owl with big button eyes!


I tried placing the photos side-by-side, but Blogger doesn't let me do it, like Typepad did. Sorry the post is so long!

Thankful for the Autumn we had here this fall
(sans our recent Hurricane and Nor'easter),
and the past couple of days have been glorious Fall days here in northwestern NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment