Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Belated Heart....

It's way past Valentine's Day, but wanted to post this. I finished the stitching quite a while ago, but just recently got inspired for how I wanted to "finish" it. And VOILA!.....
(all the info for the piece is at the bottom)

FRONT
BACK

Antique Button

Beautiful silk trim for edging **

DESIGNER: Filigram
CHART: Rose Coeur
FABRIC: 32ct linen (don't know the color name but it's a warm green, but NOT olive green!)
SIZE: 113 x 112
COUNT: 1 over 1
FLOSSES: Gentle Arts per the chart:
     -Faded Rose
     -Old Brick
     -Fisherman's Wharf
     -Honey Dew
     -Endive
     -Baked Clay
 


** The antique button and trim are from Sue at "Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods." She has the most amazing items in her shop, and has sent me some absolutely wonderful things with my orders. And her hanks of floss are extra large... a lot larger than any other floss supplier. She's an absolute sweetie to work with, too. I highly recommend her for any of your "finishing" needs!

Wishing you happy stitching, or whatever you may be doing!

Thankful for how quickly today went by (at work)
so I can sit and stitch (at home)!
 

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous heart, beautifully finished too;)
    Thank you for the walnut shell advice, but I live in the UK. Bought some last year in the USA!

    ReplyDelete