Monday, March 25, 2013

Silly Critter....

Some of you know I have a dog/retired racer/Greyhound, named Autumn. And some of you know her penchant for wanting to be outdoors on the patio no matter the weather. Well, today the weather forecast was especially bleak, so I decided to work at home and not have to fret about the roads, especially on my commute home when the snow was supposed to be piling up. 

This morning, after our first walk, Autumn wanted to go out on the patio. She lets me know this directive by pacing between me (no matter where I am in the house!) and the sliders that go out to the patio, OR, if I'm in the kitchen, she'll stand at the sliders and whine. And this morning was no exception. But since there wasn't any of the precipitation the goofball genius meteorologists were calling for yet, I decided to bundle her up and let her enjoy her favorite place. (She'll stay out there for HOURS, even tho it was about 30* at the time!)

About an hour after I let her out there, it started lightly snowing. But since she was covered up, I let her stay. (You can just barely see the top of her head and 2 ears.)

Princess Autumn on her throne

...and here's a close-up of her ear with the snow starting to pile up, while she's fast asleep. She stayed out there for about another hour after I took this photo, but then needed to go "potty" again and her blankets were quite damp. Since they had been washed just yesterday, I simply threw them in the dryer for a few minutes, and now she's all nice and cozy in her warm blankets (in the house)!  She's such a silly critter!

So thankful for the entertainment factor in my life, aka "Autumn"!

No comments:

Post a Comment