Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Sweltering Saturday with Netflix...


Well, it's been another day spent indoors hibernating from the heat. But you're not going to hear me complaining too much because it has allowed for mucho stitching time, accompanied by Netflix pix. I just filled up a tall glass of iced tea and will be happy as a clam as soon as I upload this post...

For today's viewing pleasure, I just received the beginning of Season 2 of "Game of Thrones" (Episodes 1 + 2) and "From Prada to Nada" in today's mail. I'm loving the "Game of Thrones" series.....unbelievably well produced and the scenery and costuming are absolutely incredible. Really enjoying watching it but hate waiting for each consecutive disc to arrive. (Yes, I know I could order the 'streaming' version of Netflix and watch them all in a row, but I'd have to buy an additional piece of hardware to receive the streaming version, AND [and this was the deal-breaker] there aren't as many selections via streaming yet, so I opted to receive via mail.)

I'm not too sure about the "Prada" movie, however. Someone told me it was quite funny, so I added it to my queue of movies without any research. It's fun to be surprised (or NOT!) I'll be sure to let you know....

Also, one of my Showtime channels has been airing the special about The Eagles (the rock band) called "The History of The Eagles." It's 3+ hours long and another incredibly well done documentary. I DVR'd it and have been watching it in increments. LOVE it so much I've re-watched the entire show a couple of times now. Their music is unbelievably well written and their harmonies are spot-on, and it will stand the test of time for decades. And I have to admit....I'm kinda crushin' on Don Henley....AGAIN! All of my high school and college years occurred in the '70's, so the Eagles' complete repertoire was the soundtrack of my life at the time. And with each song, a wave of wonderful memories comes flooding back to me, reminding me what a great time those years were. Thank you, Showtime, for airing such a great piece of artistry!

OK....now back to my regularly scheduled hibernating-in-the-AC time. Stay cool, everyone!

So very, very thankful my air conditioning continues to keep me
cool and comfortable, and all my ceiling fans allow me to
conserve on the AC use!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment