Tuesday, September 24, 2013

...and another start

I was so excited to be able to finish "Autumn Leaves" so quickly, I decided that, while the iron is hot, so to speak, I might as well stay on a roll and start another canvas project.

This next one is called "Woodland Star" from Nancy's Needle.
It's 152 x 152 stitch count, done on 18ct sandstone canvas, using:
  • three (3) Caron Watercolours - Rainforest, Chianti, Seaweed
  • three (3) DMC Perle Cotton flosses - 902 Vy Dk Garnet,
    934 Black Avocado Green, 676 Dk Yellow Beige
  • one (1) Rainbow Gallery Gold Rush 18 metallic floss - Bronze
Here's a photo from the front of the packaging:


...and photos of my progress. Not too sure I'm diggin' the colors, but I'll soldier on and then decide when it's finished.

Started Saturday night and got this far....

...and here's what I accomplished while watching the Emmys: (the colors are growing on me a little more)

Sunday night's progress...

And of course, Miss Autumn insisted on showing her exciting fall activities, so here's what the Princess has been doing lately....

See how beautiful and photogenic I am??

Ahhhh....leading a dog's life couldn't be any better!
(out on the patio on Sunday)

The weather is very cool today; it was 46° this morning. Currently it's very sunny and warming up to a whopping 57. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this weather! I had an annual tune-up done on my furnace this morning, and while the repair-person was working, I dragged out the down featherbed and down comforter for my bed. So H.A.P.P.Y!

And that's it for today's activities. Hope you're all well and staying warm!


So very thankful for my little piece of heaven
out on my patio!






No comments:

Post a Comment