Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Several projects to show you...

It's really pathetic how lax I've become about posting, but today I'll try to make up for it. 

First, let me say that even though it's a somber day (9/11), I want to wish a VERY Happy Birthday to my mother. She's an amazing woman and I would NOT be the person I am today without her. I love her sooooo much!

`````````````````````````````````````
Next I have several photos of some finished/ongoing projects:

Here's my  Sherwood Garden "Stained Glass" project all finished:


`````````````````````````````````````
...and here's another canvas-work project I've started called "Autumn Leaves" by Nancy's Needle. This is just the center area of a much larger design. The colors in this photo look exactly the way my stitched design looks so far...


However, the photo on the front of the packaging looks like this... NOT EVEN CLOSE, right???!!!!!!!  

Yes, I'm using the flosses it calls for...just goes to show you how the manufacturer never color-corrected their photo of the product to actually match the flosses.  Hence, I'm having a bugger of a time getting a yellowish-gold color to fill in the majority of the background. What the pattern calls for and what the flosses actually look like? UGH! Need to find something else....for SURE! Stay tuned for my solution.


`````````````````````````````````````
And here's another very tiny project called "Seahorse Fob and Scissors Kit" by The Heart's Content (Maureen Appleton). I've always admired this beautiful project and finally found the entire kit in a store called "Threads" near Lancaster, PA while visiting a friend. AND it was on sale, so I just couldn't resist! Here's a photo of what it will look like when finished: (click photo for a larger view)

The kit comes complete with chart, flosses, fabric, scissors, beads, and a complete tutorial of how to make the tassles. The worst part will be completing the entire background surrounding the seahorse in grey. Can you say tedious? ...and here's my progress so far. (the quarter shows size relativity)



I'm stitching it 1 over 1 on 32ct linen and I'm really lovin' how it looks!

`````````````````````````````````````
So in a nutshell, that's what I've been working on...

Happy Birthday to my Mother!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Sherwood Garden! It really turned out great. I see what you mean about the colors being so different on your Fallen Leaves (compared to the model photo). I'm wondering if Gloriana Old Gold would work for the background?
    The seahorse fob looks fantastic, too! You've been busy! And stitched over one to boot - kudos! (Maybe you can do the background in grey in tent stitch to make it a little less labor intensive? )
    Can't wait to see them when they're finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete